Friday, May 19, 2017

MAY DAY (TV Month): Blindspot {Season 2 - Finale}


Where do I begin... What a red hot mess of a season finale. Like Quantico it feels like producers and writers braced for this show to be canceled and throughout the season I liked it, however the glowing tattoos storyline at the end, fuck off.

Facebook fans seemed to like the fact the two leads finally got it on, I however unmoved on their attraction to each other. Roman and Sandstorm mastermind Shepherd appear to have room to grow in most likely the third and final season.

Blindspot moves to Friday nights in the 2017-2018 season. In Australia that is where shows go to die a slow and lonely death.

Look don't get me wrong this series was an improvement on the first and honestly the tattoos and crimes were all becoming a little underwhelming so the Sandstorm terror group was much more interesting than the regular week on week procedural seen it all before crime drama.

I liked Shepherd but Australian Luke Mitchell as Roman as a good guy/bad guy, who knows go didn't grab me.

Honestly this finale left me thinking why did NBC keep this on their books, sure it was a hot new show in 2015-2016 but that said so was Quantico. Seems viewers are a fickle bunch and second seasons are almost as tough as the difficult second album syndrome for singer/songwriters.



If it wasn't for Scream Queens, American Crime, Secrets and Lies, The Catch and the Blacklist spin off show all being cancelled I would maybe skip season 3, but I think it still has fine moments, just they are getting fewer and further between.

No comments: