Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Silver Screen in 2017 {Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2}


I know it's meant to be TV month but I saw two movies on the weekend, one great (SPOILER ALERT - Get Out) and one very average. So let's hear my review of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2.



A sequel to the 2014 surprise hit and with a third film on the way Guardians of the Galaxy is the latest in Marvels string of hit films.

I have to say Chris Pratt is really growing on me. As bad as Passengers was which I caught up on over Easter, he made that dull, dry space juggernaut.

Pratt is again space and here but all I am hoping for is the release date for Jurassic World 2 is definitely June, 2018!

Pratt again is actually the best part of this film, I didn't love it, it's special effects and fight scenes cover up some rather dull moments.

With the flood of superhero shows on Netflix, American networks and with Iron Fist being the first major flop I sort of think this film is not the usual high standard of Marvel films.

Doctor Strange was just plain Strange, the latest Captain America was a little more of an Avengers light film rather than a standalone hero film but Ant-Man was a standout.

So overall I keep changing the subject and this film made my mind wander. It's not bad, it's nothing new and it's all a little pedestrian when you have such awesome films like Get Out currently playing.

2.5 just passing it, by the skin of Chris Pratt shirtless scene.

No comments: