Sunday, May 28, 2017

Silver Screen in 2017 {Alien: Covenant}


So I was lucky enough to have a two film action weekend extravaganza this weekend after completely missing out on movies last weekend so here is review one of two as May Day TV month is almost done and it will then be turn to celebrate Queens all June long.

Here we go Alien: Covenant.



Right first up 100% honesty here I am no Alien super fan, yes that's right I can't remember if I saw Prometheus, the Alien film this film follows in the timeline of the series.

Look it had a super slow start and to be honest after watching the Empire finale during the week I was over Jussie Smollet (AKA Jamal Lyon), yes he is as handsome as fuck but otherwise girl I need some time between my hot actor crushes.

Once this film gets going it really gets going. Michael Fassbender is outstanding as David 8 & Walter and Katherine Waterston is a tough as nails hero I would want around in an Alien attack.

Look I loved the second action film more I say this weekend (John Wick Chapter 2) and you will hear more about that tomorrow, but this film did entertain me. For the most part it builds and creates tension and then it packs a mean as Alien punch.

Will I see the next Alien film and catch up on the others? Maybe, if Netflix slow down with the super slick as fuck new TV shows.

I am going to give this sci-fi film a solid 3 Stars, it wasn't bad but it wasn't my favourite.

No comments: