Wednesday, May 31, 2017

MAY DAY (TV Month): The Flash {Season 3 - Finale}


The Flash came in at Number 36 on this list of 2016-2017 US shows. Not bad for a show on The CW, the only show in fact to make the list. No Arrow, no Legends of Tomorrow nor Supergirl.

The Flash had an identity crisis in series three, from musical romps with Supergirl to possibly the worst villain on superhero TV EVER, himself? In the future, what the actual fuck???

I wonder the end game for The Flash with a new movie on the way (without Grant Gustin playing The Flash) I wonder whether the world of superhero loving fans will get sick of this speedy star.



As we limped over the line of 23 (yes 23) episodes this season I realised this was the longest series I watched this US regular TV season. And it felt long. With the occasional breaks, crossover episodes with Arrow, LOT and Supergirl, it was all a bit much by the end of the series. I stopped caring about Iris West and Barry Allen midway through the epic marathon of a series and wondered when will it end???

The finale left you on a bit of a cliffhanger but I really want this show to have a good villian, a good story line and time for young Australian (and now out and proud bisexual) Keiynan Lonsdale.

Wally West/Kid Flash is left to walk/run/sprint around like a bit of a lost sheep this season and I really want him to get some direction.

I think a full reset is due for season four, that is what I would like to see. Anyway that is it for May Day TV month, it's getting colder so I hope my viewing over the "getting cooler" months can help you make a decision for your next binge series. Tomorrow starts a month of Queens in aid of the Queens Birthday Long Weekend.

See you then...

No comments: