Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Silver Screen in 2017 {Patty Cake$}


I love an advance screening of a buzz worthy film like Patti Cake$. Ok I am not going to lie, this film was sensational! Australian Danielle MacDonald as the lead was outstanding and the Nana character played by Cathy Moriarty was top notch, but really all performances were brilliant!



It is every once in a while a film like this comes along, a small story but a great idea for a music film and there were dream sequence moments and parts of the film I thought this was a white Precious.

So for you to like this film, did you like 8 Mile? Do you like Hip Hop? Are Azealia Banks lyrics a little much for you? Well this film puts it down, with original music and a superstar in MacDonald.

I enjoyed every minute of this brilliant film, it is apparently set for release in Australia for September this year so keep an eye out. Just outstanding.

I don't want to spoil this too much for you as I went in completely blind but completely enlighten after I left the cinema. An easy favourite of 2017 thus far, 5 Stars.

No comments: