Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Silver Screen in 2017 {Una}


After the appalling All Eyez On Me, it was tough to return to the cinema, however Australian theatre director's Benedict Andrews delivers with Una.



Ben Mendelsohn and Rooney Mara are brilliant in this drama. I won't spoil anything about this film, but the leads in this film are outstanding. I cannot forget to mention Riz Ahmed, who is outstanding in everything I have seen him in. From The Night Of to his guest appearance in Girls.

Ruby Stokes as young Una is also marvellous and this film really does shine and stick to a tight 94 dramatic 94 minutes.

This is not for everyone and after Don't Tell I have probably seen my share of child sexual abuse stories for a while but the original play Blackbird turned into this film, is a stunning vision by Andrews.

Mara as Una is a wonderful talent, 3.5 Stars.

No comments: