Friday, June 23, 2017

YASSS Queen: Day Eleven


It's been a while between drinks dear blog and ladies of the world in my YASS Queen final week. I endured the amazing Wentworth Finale, Is Male Privilege Bullshit on ABC2 and have been less than impressed Lorde's Melodrama record.

First up Melodrama, look Green Light and maybe even Perfect Places will end up being two of the biggest tunes of 2017, but as a full album it's just over 40 minutes, features Flume and a reprice for Liability and sequel for Sober. So really it's 9 tracks instead of the advertised 10.

I think full length albums are hard for artists especially young artists like Lorde who have had a massive career with only one album under her belt. This album felt like an extended EP and not a full length album. It's great in parts but in others the tempo changes too rapidly, it's up tempo, down tempo.

Look I still love Lorde and other blogs give her 4/5 and it may grow on me but for now it's more a collection of tunes not a full body of work AKA an album.

Tuesday's TV was off the chain for females:

Wentworth - 10/10 finale (spoilers to come, you've been warned and I waited a few days to discuss)
Love Child - This has to be the last season right? Ronan Keating as draw card, really?
Hack Live - Is Male Privilege Bullshit on ABC2?

Well to Hack Live (I will leave Love Child to a solo post) this was controversial for all the wrong reasons, Miranda Devine being called a C%&t on live TV (well actually just referring back to a past Clem Ford Tweet/Social post) and Mens Rights Activists talking nonsense. For example poor old Daisy Cousens, Australia's poor mans (woman's) Milo Yiannopoulos and the worst thing is she likes Milo, still.

Milo is a fraud, much like Pauline Hanson he says things to get media coverage, out right from the likes of Clem Ford and then more air time and followers. It's actually really boring.

So Hack Live was really doomed from the get go, it was like a poor man's Q&A with added swears.

Look is Male Privilege Bullshit? Yes and No they is privilege on some many levels? I am white and have white privilege with a white surname, I am gay so I loss some privilege. I am no muscle Mary so I loss more gay privilege, I could go on.... It's boring and in culture today we all start somewhere, some higher than others but in all honesty it's all bullshit.

As my Dad taught me as a child and he taught me many good lessons, never judge a book by it's cover.

So on that note it's a Friday drawn out lecture. Tomorrow you will get my beyond glowing review of Wentworth, Season 5. Only problem is it's not back to 2018. I'm sad...

No comments: