Friday, August 4, 2017

Ozark Season 1.


I want to love this so much, Laura Linney, Jason Bateman, Netflix.... what could go wrong, have I binged too much TV this month? Or is it just because I am one episode in and I also read it's like a love child between Bloodline (which I hated towards the end) and Breaking Bad?



I am only one and a bit episodes in and it's getting better with a foul mouthed Linney coming into the light but there was something missing from the hype in episode one.

Linney was brilliant in her last TV role as Cathy Jamison on The Big C. The show was funny and heartbreaking all within the one scene.

I am going to give this a red hot go for the rest of next week and I still have high hopes, because I really want to like this.

With the return of Ray Donovan this weekend Sunday's are now bumping with HBO's hot Sunday line up Game of Thrones, Insecure and Ballers and TNT's brilliant Claws, it's a big drama filled TV night. Whilst in Australia Winter audiences are expected to dine on another cooking reality show, season 675 of The Block or a poor mans Survivor, or is that Australian Survivor. Heaven help an Australian network who thought outside the box and screened something other than reality in prime time, shock horror.

Look out for more opinions on Ozark soon....

No comments: