Saturday, August 19, 2017

Silver Screen in 2017 {Annabelle: Creation}


I am not going to lie, I was a huge fan of the two Conjuring films that came before this but back in 2014 we saw the first Annabelle film.

So this is film four in the Conjuring series, a fifth will be out in 2018, The Nun and a third Conjuring film is also in the works.

Surprisingly this film has received way better reviews than the original Annabelle and the cast including the divine Miranda Otto and Anthony LaPaglia (Aussie power, along with Aussie film king/producer superstar James Wan) it is a better film and a prequel not a sequel.



It has been a an interesting few weeks for films, Dunkirk (review coming tomorrow, I did a double feature today) has smashed it, and in the USA apparently it's been a blood bath for a lot of big budget Summer films.

I do love/hate scary movies in my 30's I find I am no longer able to take the jumps (or scares on roller-coasters) like I could in my teens/20's. But I did enjoy the tension that built in this intense thriller/horror film.

The story all comes together nicely, it's paced fairly well, with a semi slow start but still it really kicks into gear mid-way through.

There is a lot of noises in the night we have seen before, bangs, doors closing slowly and demons being unleashed.

Look it's not perfect but it is a shit load of fun, I enjoyed it and will give it 3.5 Stars.

No comments: