Thursday, October 10, 2019

Batwoman


I don't often pick up new US TV shows in their first season unless it has a lot of hype, promise for a second season, been renewed already or has some completely thirsty cast members, Batwoman has a few things going for it.

Now part of the Arrowverse and about to star in her second crossover extravaganza, yes second, that was the secret, sneaky way we got hooked on Batwoman, she was the shining star in the last crossover event, Elseworlds.


The first episode did fairly well in US ratings, getting just under a million viewers and honestly after watching it, it was the most interesting of The CW's Arrowverse shows in a while. The Flash is really struggling (in my opinion), Legends of Tomorrow is a red hot mess and Supergirl is way too political.

Yes Supergirl writers if I was in the USA and I could vote I would vote for my local democrat, however you don't need to make every episode a massive political statement.

I also have Aussie pride for young Ruby Rose who has done really well for herself to land this role. Well done Ruby.

There is some interesting plot points introduced in episode one, they packed a lot in, they gave the pilot there all for a series order and they got it. Where it will go though? I have high hopes, the links to Gotham, memories of Batman, could they even introduce a girl power Harley Quinn to The CW?

I honestly am happy The CW isn't adding to the number of comic book shows versus other dramas, at least it's replacing Arrow which concludes in 2020.

I also hope Batwoman gets a short, concise, thrilling season, not a long winded, drawn out 22 episode run. Gotham fans deserve a treat, now well Gotham is done.

This is exciting for The CW girl powered Sundays with Supergirl and the more edgy Batwoman, bring on the lead up the next crossover event Crisis on Infinite Earths, starting December 9, 2019.

No comments: