Monday, June 9, 2008

An Audience with the cast of Wicked

Well the next big musical to fly into Melbourne is Wicked and I was lucky enough (thanks DAME!) to be in this audience.

Anthony Callea and Rob Mills were definitely the weakest links next to old pro's like Rob Guest and Maggie Kirkpatrick. The two witches Lucy Durrack and Amanda Harrison were also present. Amanda is a fav after her work on Miss Saigon, I hated her character but she was very talented.

The show is going to be monster and I can't wait to see it next month, stay tuned for a full review!

1 comment:

Eden said...

I was in the audience as well yesterday and it was fantastic wasn't it and it makes me more excited about the show, but I didn't see any of them as what you say "weak links", I found they were funny and entertaining and all unique. Sure they have different levels of experience with the likes of Rob Guest and Maggie K years of theatre, but all of them were great. If anything maybe Rob Mills seemed to have a little too much nervous energy, but loved Anthony's subtle humour and his seriousness as well. Rob Guest said the audience will be blown away by the boys and the US producers who cast them must see that as well, I think I read an article that Anthony got called back 5 times. Every song sung was totally awesome. I have never been to a live taping before and really enjoyed the experience, even the retakes they had to do because of Rob Guest tehehe.. he's great. It was so interesting to see behind the scenes and how they will put it all together and can't wait to see the end result on the W channel and then the real thing in July when it opens.