Saturday, June 21, 2008

Film Freak: The Orphanage

Spanish title - El orfanato

Well this film has been dubbed the scariest film of 2008, and yes I may have to agree.

This film not only has a creepy setting in an old orphanage in a rural part of somewhere exotic in the world, creepy children and creepy sound effects every five minutes.

Now I want the creators of franchises such as Saw & Hostel to tune in NOW: tip you don't need endless amounts of gore and blood to scare the viewers, it's all about suspense. And let me tell you The Orphanage or the much sexier Spanish title: El orfanato, has so much suspense I nearly needed a pace maker after sitting through this film.

I must see this has been the most terrified I have been at the movies for a long time. The story takes the final sequences to make sense and the subtitles are hard work to keep up with when you have the eye sight of an eighty year old, however in summary this film is a terrific success.

The Spanish deliver a tasty horror treat, this makes Chucky look like child's play, The Orphanage (El orfanato) rates a BIG 4 and a half stars.

No comments: