Wednesday, July 31, 2013

What's On @ the Movies 2013 - Before Midnight


Are you in a relationship? Do you fight? Could you relationship end before a 2 hour film ends? If you answered yes to any of these questions, maybe this film is not for you. Here is a quick peak before my review and viewpoint:


Ethan Hawke is a total spunk right but Julie Delpy, man she is a mad bitch in this film. You really end up hating her guts by the end of the film and just wish she would shut up and listen for five minutes. I found myself thinking thank goodness I don't wake up next to someone who analyses everything that you say, twists it around and it turns it into a large argument which makes up the most part of a 2 hour film.

So if this film sounds depressing it is, I mean I didn't see the first two films in this series but I get the concept, long marriage, thinks go south and people look at where they are in life and find out well hey maybe I am not that happy after all.

I found this film a little shallow at times and really I just wanted to punch Julie Delpy but the critics are loving it sick and look it is a critics dream. The conversations are interesting but some scenes go on and on and on.

This film will not be everyone's cup of tea (the session I saw there were all of ten people to start with and two walked out 15 minutes in, leaving 8 to ponder their own relationships) but look it was easy to watch (also easy to drift off I found myself making a kick ass shopping list at one point) and Ethan Hawke is ageing super well.

Overall I can only give this a pass mark of 2.5 as it did annoy me a bit.

No comments: