Sunday, July 28, 2013

What's On @ the Movies 2013 - The Conjuring


Three movies, three days, wow and I still want more... Yes it's been a big three days of films for me from blockbusters to horror and celeb overload comedies. It's been a good mix and I think I saved the best till last. Yes The Conjuring is a fantastic ride, not only if you like Horror but if you like a good old fashioned edge of the sit Thriller with balls.

Now James Wan an Australian famous for the Saw Franchise decided to drop gore and create great tension and suspense in the latest ghost horror story. This however has a difference, it's a true story.

Ed & Lorraine Warren are paranormal investigators and they help a family who thought moving to the sticks was a wise idea. 1. It's never a good idea to leave a stressful busy city, why? because ghosts and demons don't like traffic and the hustle and bustle. 2. It's way more scary out near real trees and no close neighbours.

So the film sounds a little like a lot of other films before it but armed with the amazing Patrick Wilson (one of the MOST handsome men in the movies, next to the god Joseph Gordon Levitt) and Vera Famiga (the mother in the recent TV hit "Bates Motel") who play Ed & Lorraine Warren.


To say this is one of the best thrillers I have seen in a long time is no word of a lie. It's great, the tension and suspense just builds and builds and the cast really are fantastic. Apparently the movie has done so well a sequel is already in the works.

I will be interested to see how Insidious: Chapter 2 goes after this film, with James Wan also on directing duties. He will also pair up again with Saw friend and fellow Aussie Leigh Whannell.

The Conjuring was the perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon and I am so happy to hear it has been a commercial hit and had positive reviews from fans and critics and like and with that I give it a solid "I nearly shit myself on more than one occasion 4 Stars".

No comments: