Saturday, July 27, 2013

What's On @ the Movies 2013 - The Wolverine


I was wanting this to be better than the last Hugh Jackman outing X Men Origins: Wolverine, alas it wasn't. I was surprised to read the reviews have not been all bad for the latest "The Wolverine". According to the Wikipedia page for the X Men (film series) X Men Origins: Wolverine has been the worst received X Men film and I will not be surprised if this film soon takes out that milestone.

X Men: First Class was exactly that first class and I don't know whether it's just the lack of interest in only one character in the film or the fact that the films just are not that interesting and the best bits have all been in the trailer below or movie shows explaining the latest blockbuster.


So you might think I am a little harsh but when an action film goes over the two hour mark it needs to be something magic. And this is just not. Shame really.

I think this might be the last Wolverine (solo) outing as it just feels really tired. I must admit I am really looking forward to the 2014 X Men: Days of Future Past but I should have known better the stand alone Wolverine just doesn't really stand up.

2 Stars for it's Sydney turned Tokyo filming locations.

No comments: