Sunday, December 29, 2013

What's On @ the Movies 2013 - Anchorman 2 {The Legend Continues}


So first up I am not a Will Ferrell fan, I find him extremely unfunny and most unattractive however I have always had a soft spot for Paul Rudd and throw in a free double pass, free air con and a warm summer day and I'm there.

Here is the trailer:



So I'm going to be blunt, this film was way too long (almost 2 hours) and super long winded. I found most of this movie so uninspiring for Judd Apatow who has created such great works as Bridesmaids and Girls.

Steve Carell's character is particularly dull and his relationship with Kristen Wiig is just plain drab and you wish these scenes would just move along.

Overall I am extremely surprised for this films success. I need to watch the original now to see why on earth they needed a second edition of this underwhelming lame ass comedy.

I now long to see August: Osage County, a great play and hopefully an even better film. Now to my star rating and even a massive lot of guest stars at the last play can't save it (sorry Kanye should have sticked to Yeezus), Anchorman 2 has about as much going for it as Wake Up on Channel 10. Sorry boys 1 star for Paul Rudd and the occasional giggle (trust me it's not a laugh out loud kinda film).

No comments: