Tuesday, December 31, 2013

What's On @ the Movies 2013 - The Spectacular Now


Gosh damn, another teenage coming of age/high school film. And it started well but main character Sutter Keely (Miles Teller) and his constant drinking without consequence kind of concerned me slightly.

Other than the constant drinking and the struggles Sutter has which made me jiggle around in my seat feeling bad and awkward for him. Shailene Woodley as the semi main love interest was just divine and she reminded me of Lisa Mitchell, less the guitar and sublime vocals.

The movie for me was good but not great, critics however have loved it but I wasn't 100% sold. It's hard though coming on the back of seeing Blue Jasmine.

Anyhoo let's take a look at the trailer:



Look it's not bad it's just not super great either.

The Spectacular Now is a good view but slightly depressing also, 3 drinking up a storm for New Years Stars.

Happy New Year all and bring on August Osage County tomorrow!

No comments: