Saturday, December 14, 2013

What's On @ the Movies 2013 - Battle of the Year


Largely panned and failed to recoup it's budget (but really how many films do in the end after paying talent millions and having massive marketing campaigns actually make money???) this film was not off to a good start but hey guess what I really enjoyed it.

I have alway loved the dance genre and not that this is anything new or breaks any new ground some of the final choreography is jaw dropping. I mean after recently seeing Beyonce live it takes a lot to impress me but the USA team and the Korean team both had some dope moves.

At times it felt almost more like a documentary of a dance crew on the way to France.

Let's lock at the trailer and bear in mind I saw the 2D version and not the 3D version:


Look as I said above there is nothing new here but really for a hot Saturday when your air con at home is fucked due to repair people/trades people living up to their reputation of being anything but accountable this film is a bit of fun & when everything at Christmas is in a vile mood it's nice to put your feet up (on the seats) and chill.

All and all I rate Battle of the Year - 3 passing stars and B-Boy head spins y'all.

No comments: