Monday, November 17, 2014

Film Freak 2014 - Exists


Eduardo Sanchez co director and writer of the late 90's horror film The Blair Witch Project is back with Exists and it's kinda random.



Unfortunately due to large lines (again - I missed it the day before seeing The Drop (see review below) as I got in early, but today - FUCK) I missed the start of the film and basically I don't think I missed much but still, 3 staff working on a Sunday Event Cinema's, really? The line was like all the way out to George Street, literally Event Cinemas no wonder I have brand loyalty to Hoyts, Hoyts at least staffs accordingly.

So to the film and like the Blair Witch Project it's fairly basic but a decent film all the same. I applaud Sanchez for not being extremely gruesome, I applaud Sanchez for teasing us with the monster and only doing the main reveal at the films conclusion.

The cast is so super so so, they barely grow on you the viewer so you barely care when they are picked off one by one as they all make lame decisions and really make one think, how many horror films can be a parody of the genre.

Exists is not all bad and not all good, it's mostly average however this babe made it a little more watchable.

So Big Foot is back on the big screen and rates 2.5 pass mark stars whilst Event Cinemas George Street, hire some more fucking staff you $9.90 large popcorn mother fuckers.

No comments: