Thursday, November 6, 2014

Film Freak 2014 - John Wick


First up this movie was one on my wish list to see and basically I am happy it was on my list and I am totally happy I have now seen it. After having a bad tummy all this week the violence was so fake and so fast (or just plain stylised as described by David & Margaret on At the Movies this week) that it barely bothered me. And I can say from experience violence now as a 32 year old sometimes bothers me.

John Wick was fast moving and well done on Keanu's behalf, he was wonderful and that poor little puppy.



This film was definitely a lot better than your average action film of 2014. I now know why this has been getting better reviews than your average action thriller of the year. It's hard to cut through in such a crowded market of other films of similar nature or the constant super hero releases.

John Wick is not a superhero but a man out for good old fashioned revenge. It doesn't work so well for Emily on Revenge anymore but John Wick likes revenge served thick and fast.

John Wick rates a Wick-ed 3.5 Stars.

Now to the other highlight today, again Tony Abbott publicly booed. This is not the first time in recent months, the man is clearly out of sorts with the general public.



And this little gem from 2013, GO Seniors, GO!

No comments: