Friday, November 7, 2014

Film Freak 2014 - Interstellar


The latest Christopher Nolan flick is a departure from the rebooted Batman series (which I totally loved FYI) and is an exploration into Space & Time. Much like Inception it totally left me a wee bit confused and although this film has a massive running time, it moves at a rapid pace and with my usual wee break mid way through I think I missed about 6 major plot points.



McConaughey continues his great run of roles and after loving him sick in True Detective this role again shows how versatile he has become as an actor. For years he did some very average films, The Wedding Planner, Gold Rush & Sahara. But everyone loves a comeback.

Interstellar is a return to blockbuster film making and the return to pure cinema gold. After the wonderful and flawless Gone Girl, the movies are back with some great films, some smart films and not just your run of the mill super hero reboot, action, romance or R Rated comedy.

Interstellar may have confused the pants off me at the end of the film but overall it's pretty alright. I give it a sold scientifically proven 4 Stars. Well done Nolan.

No comments: