Monday, August 3, 2015

#I'mNotDavidNorMargaret, Film Reviews My Way 2015


PAPER TOWNS, what a film!

I had waited a while to see this one and at first after seeing the trailer I put it on my "when I have seen everything else list" and well I have seen seen everything else but I was so pleasantly surprised.



That's the trailer I am talking about. Think Juno, think Fault in Our Stars and think every coming of age film but this one is done right and well.

Using music to engage the audience and a cameo from the hunk from said film Fault of in Our Stars (it got a massive ooohhhhhhh from the audience I sat in with, cute right) the younger members of the audience ate this film up.

I loved the use of Haim and the Vance Joy in this star studded soundtrack with new music from Santigold (which is her first in years) I was in heaven. Music plus a good film usually equals me liking and rating a film higher than usual.

And actually speaking of my marking after reading back my old Mission Impossible review I used to mark extremely highly didn't I.

Well today I am going back to the old days and marking high as I really enjoyed this film and got very caught up in the movie. Paper Towns is easily one of the best coming of age/high school films I have seen in years, 4.5 Stars, great.

No comments: