Saturday, September 26, 2015

#I'mNotDavidNorMargaret, Film Reviews My Way 2015


After Narcos I have been completed astounded by drug cartels and the relationship between South America and North America so it was no wonder I found SICARIO such an inviting film. However I left feeling dirty and rather ambushed by the reality of these cartels.

This film is brutal and honest and the tension that builds is brilliant. Emily Blunt is beyond outstanding as was Josh Brolin and Benicio del Toro. The cast is completely outstanding and early reviews have been as outstanding as the cast.



The film relies on the tension built and the acting. There is no big budget action sequences, there is no razzle dazzle, it's just brilliant story telling.

The cartels are brutal and so are some of the scenes in this film. It all builds to that one moment and as I wrote in the intro I felt a little ill and off leaving the cinema. It's so real and when kids are involved, fucking hell.

Narcos lead me into this and I am so excited for the second series of that great Netflix series. Denis Villeneuve is a wonderful writer/director and after the brilliant Prisoners (with Hugh Jackman - currently in Pan) it was no surprise this was going to be equally excellent.

Sicario (meaning hit man in Spanish) is brilliant, it's no school holidays picture but who the fuck wants that, 4 BIG stars for this wonderful feature.

No comments: