Sunday, September 27, 2015

OutsideIn 2015


Let's talk about DANCE, I know I keep all my usual music posts for Flashing off the Record, however today I will throwback to the early 00's for another Spring Music List. So right now I wanted to share a little about the wonderful festival at Sydney Uni yesterday OutsideIn Festival.

Now I am totally in love with Kucka and I featured her last month when I had an EP feature week. I loved Unconditional the first time I heard it on JJJ and I must say to have seen it live now was a real treat. What a brilliant track and the rest of her set was equally as sweet and fun, she was as sweet in mic breaks as her vocals were.

She also joined Cosmo Midnight on the Main Stage where people lost their shit earlier to a local and young producer Sable.

Cosmo Midnight were joined by the super sexy Nicole Millar and also Kucka gave an epic finale with Walk With Me. Easily one of the most catchy and brilliant pop songs on the radio right now.

Snare was also a crowd favourite and was super smooth and had the crowd body rolling all the way into Walk with Me.

The twins didn't impress me as much as young Kucka from Perth did however all in all this festival (right in my backyard) really impressed me and seeing the Manning Bar in full flight was great. Not since February 2009's The Big O with Bluejuice and Ben Lee had I been to a better event at the Manning Bar. Great use of the space and also such a wonderful and easy (well for me) venue to get to and leave.

This is a small boutique festival to watch and where I would like to see Festivals go in the future. Speaking of Festivals last week I blogged my list of 20 Festival Acts to watch this festival season, you can check it HERE.

Until tomorrow, Kucka I predict you will easily be a big Australian export in years to come, just brilliant.

No comments: