Saturday, August 20, 2016

Orange is the New Black | Season 4


It's been a long 8 months since I last sat down to some Orange is the New Black. Yes Season 3 I waited closed to 6 months to watch but this season I have Wentworth as a distant memory and I am ready for some more female inmates.

Here was my mid season take on season 3 - HERE

So in February 2016 the show received a further three season order, taking the series up to seven seasons.

Like Homeland these large season orders can be great for fans but scary for creators. Like The Get Down (recently viewed and binged by me upon it's launch last week) has been adored by fans, hated by critics.

Baz has never had a good run with critics, but his die hard fans always stand up for his work, regardless of how good (The Great Gadsby) or bad (Australia) it is.

Netflix has a full body of amazing shows House of Cards, Bloodline, the Marvel live action series (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and the series will grow), Grace & Frankie and more. Netflix leads the subscription platform in Australia with everything from game changing docks like Making a Murderer to this Orange is the New Black.

As I wrap up episode one of Season 4 with the knowledge I have twelve more this season to smash and thirty nine more episodes ordered this series remains one of my guilty pleasures.

Taylor Schiling is a fab lead and like Bea Smith (Danielle Cormack) she is a fan favourite. Unfortunately for one of these lady prisoners there TV time is over.

So Orange is the New Black, it's back and will be in our lives and referenced in pop culture until at least 2019 (ironically the same as Homeland).

Here is a look at the latest trailer, happy weekend team...

No comments: