Friday, August 19, 2016

That Movie Gay #2016


Can Blake Lively compel an audience for an entire 88 minutes in THE SHALLOWS?

Short answer hell YES.



Finally a few movies in a couple of weeks where the run time has been way under 2 hours. Also I have to admit I LOVE a shark film and I am also a survival thriller fan. Blake Lively has done fairly well since completely the brilliant Gossip Girl back in 2012.

This film to me was not only filmed here in NSW but for me scared the pants of me getting back into the ocean.

There is a chance this could be my favourite thriller of 2016 and also one of my all time favourite films of 2016. I am not going to do any spoilers as the tension in this film is intense, the thrill ride is like a major roller coaster and Lively really rises to the occasion of a mostly one person film.

The Shallows is an outstanding piece of cinema and easily the best film of the week, 4.5 big fat Jaws inspired Stars.

No comments: