Sunday, August 28, 2016

That Movie Gay #2016


What happens when a film is so deep and tries to cover so many issues that midway through you think, fuck that I need a funny break, that was my Sunday morning with the heavy INDIGNATION.



Logan Lerman leads up this coming of age, Jewish Uni affair that ends nicely after a whole heap of shit going down in the middle that is like, so what the author of the original book was a huge left leaning dude that wants to take on the world?

I am all for being being progressive (I like to think of myself as progressive) but this film just tackled, love, sex, religion, growing up, divorce, relationships and everything else in between making me feel exhausted.

Admittedly the ending was a saviour as midway through I was like damn how is this going to play out. This week has been extremely dodgy for new releases (Ben Hur remake what? - doesn't anyone remember the abortion of a live show at ANZ Stadium years back?) at the cinema so one had to go to the retirement village otherwise known as Dendy Opera Quays.

Man the average age at that cinema is like 92 (in the shade).

So this film is one for a rainy day, if you feel like thinking and need a lengthy film to curl up in front of the TV to this is it.

2.5 just passing for the decent ending stars.

No comments: