Tuesday, August 2, 2016

That Movie Gay #2016


Sitting at just under 45,000 views for the trailer, I would say GOLDSTONE has been mostly overlooked in Australia.



And that is a shame as this Aussie feature was BRILLIANT! And this in late July/early August is the first Aussie film I have seen all 2016 and I have seen a bucket load of films in 2016.

Jackie Weaver was 100% delicious in this film and Alex Russell is extremely easy on the eye, not to mention Aaron Pedersen is still rather dishy.

Aside from Jackie Weaver playing a vile mayor named Maureen, this film tackled a shit load of hot topics:

1. The mining industry
2. Aboriginal land rights
3. Alcohol abuse
4. Corruption
5. Human trafficking
6. Drink driving
7. Bribery
8. The stolen generation

And that's just for starters. This sequel to Mystery Road which I am not 100% sure if I caught (but will now) is an amazing crime/thriller and I was gripped to the screen for the entire film.

It won best film at this year's Sydney Film Festival and I hope it gets an overseas go, as really like Sing Street yesterday unless you live near a Dendy or indie cinema you would have missed this, and that is sad.

The scenery in the top end is top notch and there are some extremely important messages.

I liked this a lot and I would be surprised if I see another Aussie film better than this, this year, 4 Stars.

No comments: