Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Cinema Slut #2019 - Burning


Have you ever gone into a film, not watched the trailer, read the synopsis or even recall what the films poster looks like? Well that was me, with Burning and man was I happy I went in, knowing it was -

a. Korean
b. a Thriller

And yes that is all!



Burning is honestly one of the best mind fuck films I have ever seen. The Walking Dead's Steven Yuen is perfect in the role as Ben. Yoo Ah-in as Lee Jong-su is amazing as is the third main role Jeon Jong-seo as Shin Hae-mi.

The three of them, lead this edge of the seat major thrill ride across parts of South Korea, from Gangnam to Paju.

I don't want to talk about the plot as it's massive, it is however a very slow build, the start of the film takes it time for you to care about both Hae-mi and Jong-su. But once you turn the corner and the plot thickens with Ben added to the mix, this is a A+ thriller!

I loved this film, 4.5 Stars! Also the nightclub scene, that song, what a banger!

No comments: