Friday, May 17, 2019

Cinema Slut #2019 - The Hustle


Have you ever rocked up at the movies and on the spot, changed your mind, you went into to see one thing and end up seeing another. Well that was me last night.

The Hustle was not my first choice last night, however I added another $40 to the box office of this struggling comedy starring Aussie giggle pot Rebel Wilson.



I did intend on seeing John Wick 3 (hold onto you hats, review hopefully coming over the weekend) however session times and life just got in the way. So The Hustle is it as bad as the critics say? Yes and no.

It's really a simple film whilst after seeing the musical Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (which this is based, just flipping it to female leads) I could see exactly where this was going.

Anne Hathaway is not one of my favourites on the big screen and Rebel Wilson literally from the opening scene does Rebel Wilson. At least after the brilliant Veep finished this week, we did get to see Jonah Ryan AKA Timothy Simons being well, a dick (very Jonah like) as you get the drift of the entire film in the opening scene.

Look it's a bit funny and awkward in parts and I did laugh, however it's a also mostly lame. 2.5 passing (just) stars, definitely not going to soar at the box office, but it was a nice Thursday evening escape as out former leader and beer loving legend Bob Hawke passed. RIP Bob.

No comments: