Thursday, June 13, 2013

So many events, so little posts


Man have I been a busy one this week....... And the best part of this week was, one it's pay week and two it's only four days. So let's go back to the start Tuesday.

A late minute ticket offer to the opening night of this, and my sense of humour was tested. Am I weird not to find Slava's Snowshow not funny or entertaining until the final big bang at the end?  But yeah I really did not enjoy Slava's Snowshow @ Sydney's Theatre Royal. It was weird it was kind of a family/kids show but man some of the people were damn creepy. I don't know the end was great but the journey there wasn't, so in saying that you can read between the lines for my star rating.

So then onto Wednesday and hump day came early and easy this week and it was off for a movie double. First up was the below:



This movie has failed to meet budget and with M. Night Shyamalan behind the wheel it's no wonder, he has been behind such rubbish as:

The Happening (nothing fucking happened there, hello!)
The Village
Signs
The Sixth Sense (his only decent effort in my eyes)

So to cut what could be a long horrid review short, this movie blows, don't waste your hand earned cash, use the $17/$18 whatever to buy a pack of smokes and take up smoking, it would be better for your health. Half a star for it's good FX.

Next up was Part 6 of a massive franchise:


Part 7 is already in the works and they are signing on more and more talent (Expendables style) and this franchise continues to kill it at the box office and delights car fans, Vin Diesel fans and fans of action films in general.

I enjoyed part 6 and I have enjoyed this franchise, while some of the movie is cheesy as, it still is fun and done well. I am happy to say in a bleak movie landscape at present (maybe all the good films are at Sydney Film Festival) this is a bit of a diamond in the rough.

Will Part 7 be any good, well apparently we only have to wait to next year.

So Fast & Furious 6, it has awesome action scenes, a damn sexy cast and a very exciting cliffhanger ending. It was like leaving your favourite TV show with a good series ending..

Fast & Furious 6 rates 3.5 Stars, a massive 3 stars more than After Earth.

Now to something so different today:


Yes I caught a very nice morning with the Dalai Lama, such an enlightening moment in my life he was a real amazing man. And speaking of Education and it's importance was so interesting and I really enjoyed the little over an hour this man shared with some of the Sydney Uni staff and students.

I felt this great warmth in the room (the air con was a little dodgy) but when he came out it was just like wow!

Words can't really describe how fantastic he was.

So theres my week, can't wait for Friday.....

No comments: