Thursday, June 27, 2013

What's On @ the Movies 2013 - The Internship


I really wanted to dislike this film, the trailer looked terrible, Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson are so not my favourite actors and with lame films in their past like Meet the Fockers, Starsky and Hutch, I Spy and god knows what other straight to DVD films these boys have been involved in. Yes I am not the worlds biggest Zoolander film. I find these American Comedies tend to aim straight at the stoner crowd or the folk that left school in Grade 6.
But and this is a big BUT the Internship really surprised me and not for Wilson and Vaughn they were terrible but the supporting cast and the issue of being an outsider. Rose Byrne was divine in her smaller role as a love interest for Owen Wilson. Man she is a dream boat, and playing an Aussie, oh Rose stop.
Max Minghella, Tobi Raphael & the other outcasts were great and this was the heart of the film. Vaughn and Wilson just looked clapped out and just waiting to claim their pay cheques. John Goodman was thrown in for good measure and Will Ferrell had one of the worst scenes of the movie. Is it just me or is he just not that funny???
Anyway I was lucky enough to have a free ticket thanks to my lovely Lamb and I really advise only seeing this if it’s free cause for $18 you could get a Vanilla Thick shake, a cheap DVD from JB and a Mars bar all for the price of admission.
The Internship it’s actually not that funny but good as a drama piece. It’s also a wee bit long, anyway if your keen here is the trailer:


For it’s blatant Google advertising this film rates a pass mark (mainly for Rose Byrne and the outcasts) 2.5 Stars.

No comments: