Monday, March 31, 2014

Film Freak 2014 - Need for Speed {2D}


Wow! It's like a poor man's Fast & Furious but still kind of fun. I have to say I am going really easy on films in this non award season as I have found both Need for Speed and previously reviewed 300 both extremely engaging.

Need for Speed lives on the screen after becoming a gamers household name for it's various computer game instalments. Let's take a look at the film below:



The movie has a random as cast (including one of the most random striptease moments in my cinema going past) including Michael Keaton as some complete random computer car nerd.

So Need for Speed is it all car races and rev heads? Yes and no, at the heart of this film it actually had a bit of a heart and I kind of in a weird way connected with the cast. I really loved Imogen Poots who I recently fell in love with in that recent Zac Efron sex romp Are We Officially Dating.

Look this film will not be on my end of year best list but it sure was fun, a little long but fun.

Need for Speed rates a speedy and swift 3 Stars. I know I am marking easy at present, but just you wait when those Golden Globe nominated films hit the screen again.

Good Night one plus all.

No comments: