Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Selamat Malam Bali/Morning Sydney


So at the super stylish Garuda Indonesia lounge at the new Bali airport with loads of Aussie bogans, oii is it right if I flick the cricket on the telly, I can do it meself? Oh dear, why are we the new Americans of travel? Shoes off, bad tattoo's and Bintang singlets, oh so many Bingtang singlets.

Australia we really need to pull our socks up (that's if we stop wearing thongs, on flights and anywhere where it's probably better if shoes are on and present.

Yes I am one of those ABC types Tony Abbott feels is not on Australia's side, that's because I respect other cultures, think living in the Shire could possibly be like a life sentence in prison and also don't believe in religion. Well Buddhism is cool but Christians? Good for you but what is it your marketing? Preying on people who feel they need something in their lives and that is an eftpos machine handed around a preaching session, no thanks honey boo boo.

So bogan rant and Australia, come on rant done and dusted (at least for tonight) and onto saying how much I loved Bali, the kind staff at the St Regis and L hotels. Just divine and happy people, the people I saw, the smiles, the passion for being, just sublime.

Thanks to all the people who gave me a hair cut, did my mannies and peddies, massaged me raw with green tea oil, candled out my ear wax and to all the food folk, you rock and make Bali so lovely.

So that's it from Bali, more film reviews, rants and general fun coming soon. Until then good night Bali, morning Sydney, I've sorted of missed you. x

No comments: