Thursday, March 13, 2014

Film Freak 2014 - The Wind Rises


- Film released in Japan in 2013 (July 2013 - wow what a delay Australia!)

Yes delayed by over 6 months we finally get to see this interesting and very cute Japanese animation from Hayao Miyazaki.

Take a look at the trailer below:



I missed the start of the film but really I had no idea what was going on even when I was in the cinema so like totally whatever.

Look this was cute and weird all at once. It was a cartoon where characters smoked for like 90% of the film and all behaved in a strange manner from time to time.

Look if you have a spare two hours and this is showing near you maybe give it a go but I know I really want to see "300" or give the Aussie flick "Tracks" a go. It's that random post award shows time when their is very limited "decent" new films on the way. And this year is the year of the musicals with "Jersey Boys", "Annie" and "Into the Woods" all coming to a cinema near year before December 31.

So back to this film I could;t think of much to write so I give it 3 stars, it was visually pretty nice to look at.

No comments: