Tuesday, March 11, 2014

My Reaction - Future Crowds {Sydney} 2014


So I attended Future Music Festival on the weekend, what a day, to say the crowd was loose would be a monstrous understatement. When drugs and alcohol are in the spotlight weekly in this town and we say how out of control the city has become it's easy to see why, the police, the new last drinks laws mean nothing, Sydney is out of control.

After 4 hours at Future Music Festival I felt like I was on the set of the Walking Dead, teens with eyes either wide open and very small pupils or teens looking like they were there in body but god help them where their minds were at.

It's kind of sad to see when their is so much potential out there but just so little being used in a positive manner. It's a music festival and the majority of the crowd seemed more interested in when they could score their next drink or pill.

I almost saw a fight break out and I am sure it wasn't the only one with testosterone on show in a big way. I mean to say steroids and the effects of mind altering drugs weren't on display for all to see (including countless police who clearly had come to late to the party as everyone had dropped their goods) shirtless boys. Girls are also getting a bit wider, a mean exercise and weights seems so in for boys and muffin tops in for the ladies, it's weird. It's like men are spending too much time at the gym (or too much money on roids) and the ladies are spending too much time at Macca's.

Not being sexist their was some damn fine ladies on display but I mean after today I knew more than ever that I loved the male form.

This is not to say there was not some serious EDM/Dance music lovers on the Randwick Racecourse. I mean there were some serious fun festival heads but I truly believe drugs and alcohol have completely overtaken this city.

The police were totally present but in my mind I think maybe it's time instead of all hanging out at music festivals the cops might be better resourced finding the source of all these festival drugs. I am sure some big king pins were making some serious cash across this fine brown land and that makes me sad.

Australia it's great to get Happy with Pharrell but I would love it if we didn't need the mind altering substances that seem to and I have first hand experience at seeing these cause great issues down the line both mentally and physically.

No comments: