Tuesday, June 14, 2016

That Movie Gay #2016


It was my third sequel in one week, what was I thinking seeing TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: OUT OF THE SHADOWS at the end of a long weekend, well a free pass had a lot to do with it!



So three sequels, Now You See Me 2 average, Alice Through the Looking Glass below average and now this one of my favourite cartoons, toys as a child growing up in the 80's/90's.

So I returned home from a dreamy weekend in Noosa away from Sydney, away from reality to take myself back out of reality and man was my local shopping centre and this session of a just released film quiet.

Yes Broadway Shops and this session had little going for it late afternoon/early evening/dinner time. Maybe it was the session time of 5:50pm a time I usually never would attend the cinema.

Anyway onto sequel number three for the week. With some new characters introduced and a promised third feature film in the Ninja Turtles franchise from Bay this was actually an improvement on the original.

The original film spent too much time explaining the Turtles, Splinter and April O'Neil, we get it we all remember the cartoons and the over priced made in China action figures.

I also nearly fainted when Laura Linney joined the cast as the Police Chief. I wanted to mount Shredder and did not remember how handsome Brain Tee/Shredder was, well that's because Shedder was played by another actor in the first film, weird.

Stephen Amell (Arrow) as Casey Jones was a brilliant addition as was the addition of bad guys Bebop and Rocksteady.

Overall the action was well done and the film was fast paced, hard n fast. I enjoyed it a lot more than Alice and a little more than Now You See Me 2. Michael Bay did some of his best work after that questionable last Transformers film. I actually am looking forward to the third (and final?) Ninja Turtles Film. 3 Stars.

No comments: