Thursday, June 9, 2016

That Movie Gay #2016


I know the first film was originally a box office surprise story but did we really need NOW YOU SEE ME 2? Other than for me to wish Dave Franco was sitting on my face?



This sequel is slick, well cast and has some great pumping soundtrack moments which Tourism Macau must have had a wet dream over.

Honestly I did enjoy the original concept of the magical first film but did we really need film 2 and film 3 which is in the works? Well according to today's Daily Telegraph the film did out perform the much better Money Monster.

So saying that it will be the number one box office film from a weekend where it was movies or shopping malls there could still be a market for this franchise. That said a lot of people could also not leave there homes last week due to the weather. So one way or another it was stay in or stay in somewhere dry other than your house.

The session I say I was a group of three (me and two lady friends) and there were two others in the cinema, a big Xtremescreen cinema. 5 people Vs a small Newtown Money Monster session 10am on Sunday or around 30-40 engaged inner city left leaning Greens voters.

So to the movie, really it was average, good second half, slow first half, good tricks at times, a bit of fun along the way but nothing to change the way I feel about a pending third film.

If sequels and re-makes are the new Black and only 10% of films are edgy, interest and diverse Jodie Foster directed films, I will be heading to the cinema a lot less.

That said the next film I will review will most likely be Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2.

Overall a VERY average 2.5 Stars for this sequel.

No comments: