Sunday, September 7, 2014

Film Freak 2014 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles {Advance Australian Screening}


So I was lucky enough to walk a Green Carpet today and have the real Royal treatment with free Pizza supplied by Pizza Hut, special 3D glasses, water and popcorn. Love youse at Paramount.

But now to the film, it has had terrible reviews but had 2 sequels already green lit and Megan Fox is on every Sydney breakfast radio show in the upcoming week. However at the premiere she seemed a little disinterested in the whole affair. Wait to see meets Fitzy and Wippa. FML those two make listing to Australian X Factor live performances seem enticing.



Look Michael Bay did make the truly terrible Transformers 4 (even poor old Marky Mark and his sexy swagger didn't stand a chance in this piece of scrap) so this is a vast improvement. I must say I was a total TMNT fan as a child. I loved the shit out of my TMNT toys.

I remember me and my primary school mate AJ playing for hours as ninja turtles and loving April.

I am hoping however the sequels get more into decent story lines rather than just a lot of back story. I know the darker new TMNT needs to set the story, but it felt (even a better running time than the overly long Transformer franchise) had not much of a plot happening.

The action sequences were wonderfully choreographed and the action film must have car chase/snow scene was well done and a lot of fun.

OK so look unfortunately it's not the action film of 2014 but its a cut above the Expendables 3, but a little less inspiring than The Guardians of the Galaxy. Whereas Galaxy looked shit in the trailer and I expected nothing, I was expecting something from this and I think it just didn't quite deliver.

I have to be honest beloved readers 2.75 troubled teens and hopefully some growing pains will bring a better sequel.

No comments: