Saturday, September 13, 2014

Matt Okine is... Handsome


It was Friday night and it was Comedy time after my final wee bit of fun at Strictly Ballroom in Sydney with a cute dance class with the lovely Nadia AKA Tina Sparkle.


Now to my second stop of the evening the lovely Enmore Theatre just down from Sydney's iconic Newtown suburb.

The Enmore was bustling, and to be honest in Sydney last night we had:

Kanye West - Yeezus tour night one of two
Strictly Ballroom the Musical (as above)
The King & I

and god knows what else in the Entertainment world was going on last night. Yes Sydney has it's fair share of concerts, musicals and live entertainment on at present. Still to come:

Justin Timberlake
Robbie Williams
Miley Cyrus
Wicked - the Musical
Dirty Dancing - the Musical
Rupert - the play

And that's just a wee sample of what is to come in Sydney.

Now back to Matt. Current Breakfast co-host on Triple J with Alex Dyson and all round nice guy. I like this brand of nice guy comedians. You may remember my recent review of the super handsome Tommy Little.


Starting off the show tonight was Rhys Nicholson with a quick warm up and man he was great. He had the whole crowd warmed up for a fun night of comedy and a DVD recording of Matt Okine's recent show.

I would like to see more of Rhys and I must keep my eye out for his next upcoming show.


OK now to the main event and Matt was a good story teller and worked the room well. I love how comedians can make it seem like their lives have been to worst possible places and then have a great punchline. Matt's story about self love in the bath was fantastic if not a little awkward.

I enjoyed the show and Matt just has this great way with the crowd interacting at the right times, telling his stories and keeping the crowd in the palm of his hand for the entire. I find radio announcers/comedians have this weird, radio personality/on-stage personality. I guess cause you can;t say "pov cunts" on national radio.

That said make sure you get a chance to catch the handsome Matt Okine across this fine brown land or catch him on the occasional Legally Brown sketch, like the one below:



PS how cute is Ronny Chieng in this clip? Enjoy the weekend all x

No comments: