Friday, September 19, 2014

God Help Sydney Festival - Vivid has a Winner already


I will do my Real Sydney Festival list again for 2015 as I have found after many years of so so programming for the Sydney Festival, it's better if I just list some of the top notch shit happening around town during the premium Summer month of January.

In the meantime a fabulous compilation came out a few years back called Here Lies Love, now it's a stage show and if the below trailer is anything to go by it's going to be simply brilliant.



Vivid, I am overly impressed by this very early announcement and what more than a disco musical such as this during our cold Sydney Winter.

This is good programming and finally I am happy to say a Festival on the up taking risks and providing entertainment over a less crowded period could pay massive dividends. Well done Vivid, top marks. Sydney Festival I am waiting to see what obscure nonsense you program for 2015. Remember the general public in Sydney likes to be outdoors enjoying the magic Summer this city delivers and do not appreciate the dull, long and dreary dark plays indoors whilst one can enjoy warm sunlight until 8pm.

Stay tuned to Flashing off the Record as Laneway and Field Day are also set to get announced shortly.

No comments: