Sunday, March 22, 2015

#I'mNotDavidNorMargaret, Film Reviews My Way 2015


The teen book to film market is PACKED, and Hunger Games really is the new king now Twilight is done & dusted. However here is my take on the second instalment of the Divergent Series - INSURGENT.

Packed with action and TV and film stars and that dreamy Jai Courtney, Insurgent seems to well lack something and next to Hunger Games it seems like it's the poor cousin of the popular franchise.



Other than Jai Courtney, that pair from The Fault of All Stars are in their, Miles Teller in a less serious role than Whiplash and Kate Winslet are the main focus points of this film. Daniel Dae Kim (Hawaii 5-0 & Lost fame) shows how hot some older Korean men can be whilst Naomi Watts is almost unrecognisable. Well to be honest I didn't recognise her.

To be 100% honest I was a little bored with this film and more bored that the 3rd book (like Twilight & Hunger Games) would be separated into 2 cash grab films. Please studios stop being so fucking greedy.

OK so overall this wasn't the best out there for teens, there is a lot more on offer I could strongly recommend but for some wonderful action scenes I will pass this at 2.5 Teenagers Still Read Books, What? Stars...

No comments: