Wednesday, April 29, 2015

#I'mNotDavidNorMargaret, Film Reviews My Way 2015


It's hard reviewing such a massive Hollywood blockbuster (seemingly at times glorifying War (after my recent speaking out about Anzac Day) and at a time like now, but yesterday to get distraction from the horrid news of yesterday it was time to take in AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON.

Once I have had a moment to catch up on all the news etc I will give my response to the horrid news we woke to this morning that yes the death penalty is still alive and yes this brutal force shown by the Indonesian government has in fact gone down in the early hours of this morning.

So to the movie and putting everything aside, this is a chick flick, yep I said it, with tight shirts worn (almost at all times) by Chris Evans AKA Captain America and Thor, Aussie bloke Hemsworth always showing off those guns.

Their is also a nice romantic storyline between the Hulk & Black Widow. So this sequel to the initial Avengers film is definitely a date night film. Action for the boys and hot men for the girls.



So yes the action is great, the opening war/fight scene is well staged and brings all the crew together once again. Already a two part film is on the way acting on a third part and a third and fourth film in this series. Not to mention Marvel's Big Screen domination and now the Small Screen Domination. I will go over this more this week when I am ready for lighter posts.

I can't really compare it (not just cause it was pretty shit) but the Gunman had nothing on this if it classifies itself as an action film. The action in this (including yes a car chase) was top notch and all the Avengers particularly Iron Man just adds something to these films. Downey Jnr really is fantastic and it left me wanting a fourth Iron Man film.

These films do act as marketing for the remainder of the Marvel universe and of course right before this film commenced a wonderful looking Ant Man trailer aired to a perfect target market and a highly engaged group.

So I want to do a bigger piece on Marvel when I am not so distracted and I really just want to say while it's happening to anyone who knew Andrew Chan or Myuran Sukumaran my heart goes out to you. To their families (and new wife for Andrew Chan) this is heartbreaking time, my thoughts are with you all. Terrible, terrible time.

So if it even matters in the grand scheme of things, I enjoyed this distraction (whilst my thoughts were on other issues) and while I am proud of what Marvel is delivering (see below praise for Daredevil) I would love someone to edit the shit out of these films. The latest Avengers outing rates a solid 3 Stars.

No comments: