Monday, April 6, 2015

#I'mNotDavidNorMargaret, Film Reviews My Way 2015


Teen films and coming of age films are commonly reviewed on this BLOG and I have to say as predictable and cliche ridden as THE DUFF is I actually enjoyed myself.

Whilst loving Easter sick (despite my post yesterday about the ridiculous movement known as Reclaim Australia) I am loving the few films aimed at the high school students/uni kids this Easter Holiday season.

The Duff stars the dreamy Robbie Amell who has a chest and abs of steal and is the main love interest in this coming of age pic where we learn about Designated Ugly Fat Friends. Online bullying is fucked and this film explores how one mean girl and her right hand slut can make one girls life hell. However our idol in this film turns her life around and shit gets real for her. Thank god.

Bullying is ugly and I hope if one bully sees this and realises there lifestyle is not the right path then it has worked.



It's genre falls under comedy but I think there are a couple of good life lessons in this. Teens dealing with divorced parents, fitting in, using social media responsibly and learning to love yourself.

I throughly enjoyed the Duff and I can't wait for the next teenage/coming of age film, bring it, cause all I see is wall to wall action and sequels on the way. The Duff rates a well done 3.5 Stars.

No comments: