Tuesday, April 7, 2015

#I'mNotDavidNorMargaret, Film Reviews My Way 2015


Time Burton has made his best film in years with BIG EYES. That said I had no time for his three films in 2012 and Alice in Wonderland was a bit blah and Sweeney Todd was well a little odd. And looking back his Batman films were pretty shit in comparison to the recent Christopher Nolan Batman series.

So I was extremely delighted to see this true story played out by Amy Adams and produced & directed by Mr Tim Burton.



Amy Adams is truly delightful as Margaret Keane a woman trapped with a secret by her at times deranged husband played by Christoph Waltz.

I sounded like I was going to be a Debbie downer on this film in my intro however I really enjoyed this film. So much so it gets my film of the long weekend and to be honest it was the one I was least excited about or had high hopes for.

This story was so interesting and so engrossing I found myself rooting for Adams to make a break and when she did I was like you go girl and man I love Hawaii. Filmed in two parts of the USA I had recently been to also helped with my interest and excitement around the film.

Acted superbly and with a couple of divine Lana Del Rey songs thrown in for good measure Big Eyes ticked a lot of boxes for me.

Tim Burton usually goes all over the top but in this film it's all very controlled well done and well measured.

I cannot recommend this film enough to anyone who enjoys art, good cinema and a lesson in life. Always follow your passion but be careful with who you pair up with, it could have extreme consequences.

Big Eyes is just great and I give it a high storing BIG 4.5 Stars.

No comments: