Friday, April 3, 2015

#I'mNotDavidNorMargaret, Film Reviews My Way 2015


It's hard to review this film, it's the biggest release of the Easter Long Weekend and the untimely death of Paul Walker almost outshines the film, but I went into FAST & FURIOUS 7 with an open mind.

I knew it was LONG and my word was it LONG. It went to most countries in the world, featured an all star cast (The Expendables came to mind when I was looking at everyone in this feature) and Paul Walker (no spoilers here) was given a worthy send off.

I found at times this just keep going and going, but the action scenes/car chase scenes were well done and Aussie director Mr James Wan did a great job. James Wan is now one of the greatest directors/names in Hollywood, originally from right here in Australia.

Look no awards will be coming this films way, no major accolades however I think this may just gross the most money for a Fast & Furious franchise. Some of the scenes are completely over the top and completely stupid but I really did after the past few weeks I have had checked my brain at the door.



I must say if there were more impressive releases this week this film would not have been my number one choice but after seeing Cinderella, Run all Night & Get Hard already there was little else on that took my fancy.

There is no doubt in my mind their will be a Fast & Furious 8, but for now this is Fast, it's Furious and I give it 3 stars in tribute to Paul Walker.

No comments: