Saturday, April 4, 2015

Netflix continues to Renew titles with House of Cards..


Returning for Season 4 in 2016. Along with this the Get Down the new Baz Luhrmann series will also be on the cards. Yes that is a bad pun.

In other TV news Silicon Valley, Veep and Game of Thrones all returning showing HBO has the extreme line up other networks only dream of. Shameless for Showtime is also about to wrap up an exceptional 5th season.

Now I have been extremely hard on Australian TV lately however SBS debuted this little gem this week and guess what it's borderline reality! Sort of a cross between Masterchef and the Block. It's Poh & Co.



I am a long time fan of Poh Ling Yeow. I hate reality food shows but I am a sucker for a food show that is not based on competition, but more the meaning of food and the origins of different dishes.

Luke Nguyen has this down pat his SBS series have become extremely popular and his city restaurants are always packed. It also landed him a role in Masterchef Vietnam.

However Poh does something different, she takes food and adds other aspects of life.

Her ABC series Poh's Kitchen was extremely touching, I often found myself reaching for the tissues and thinking fucking hell this woman is amazing, please like Penny Wong relocate from Adelaide to Sydney, Please! I still extend an open invite to Penny to attend a movie of your choice with me and a soy latte. Penny Wong is one of this nations most intelligent and divine people.

Poh is making her way up my list of people I would also die to spend a day with. She takes food, family and friends (and her cute dog) all along for the ride in this cute new 6 part series.

If you hate free to air TV and waiting around for a show to air, you can pre order the DVD here.

So if you home Thursday's at 8pm, give Poh and Co a go, it's the best of the reality genre without the bitches, without the bogans, it's real life in Adelaide's suburbs and I really dig it.

Well done Poh (and Co) xo

No comments: