Sunday, December 13, 2020

#COVID-19 CATCH UP TV - I Know This Much Is True

I Know This Much Is True is one of the 2020 HBO miniseries which received an Emmy Award. Directed by Derek Cianfrance and based on the 1998 novel of the same name by Wally Lamb, Mark Ruffalo stars in two roles, identical twin brothers Dominick and Thomas Birdsey. The series landed back in May, however for some reason I was too busy back to watch the six part series.


Now if you are not in a good headspace give this a miss. It's not really holiday viewing as it's super deep, dark and at times depressing. Alongside Ruffalo, Melissa Leo and Juliette Lewis also star. Rosie O'Donnell also gets back on the acting horse as does a large supporting cast.

I didn't love this as much as The Undoing or other 2020 HBO programming. At times it was just way too much in a year where we didn't need more depressing issues to be brought up. Whilst Ruffalo did an outstanding job, I did find my mind wandering a little. You may need to be in a really good place to sit down and consume all six episodes.

I watched it over a couple of weeks, one episode at a time because anymore would have been too much in one sitting. 

I'm not sure I would highly recommend this series, however the acting was top notch. I Know This Much Is True is on Binge or whatever way you consume Foxtel

No comments: