Sunday, May 24, 2015

#I'mNotDavidNorMargaret, Film Reviews My Way 2015


Like The Best Exotic Marigold, some films are a great once off, but the sequel is just not as good, is this the case with PITCH PERFECT 2, well read on my pretties.



The whole were back Pitches campaign is AWESOME, however the writing is on the wall, where will film 3 go? Unlike Spy, Pitch Perfect has a largely young/teen following so a lot of the gross out R rated humour is off limits. Also with Spy you get the violence and fun that allows men to come along with their girlfriends or men to get along for the action ride too, Pitch Perfect it's girls and gays. I am the latter.

I liked the first film, but didn't love it, I liked Glee but didn't love it, I stayed with it for 6 seasons for the end game and I will stay with the Pitch Perfect series but it is definitely not perfect. And especially after seeing a high standard comedy like Spy the night before.

I had lower expectations than Spy, but still at times these were never meet. Rose Byrne is a wonderful export, Rebel Wilson (at times like Melissa McCarthy) is a major one trick pony. Labelling yourself as Fat Amy is a little too much. At least Melissa McCarthy makes fun of herself and appearance in a more mature Judith Lucy way.

I was mildly amused by the majority of this film (mainly ElizabethBanks (fab commentator (character) who is multi talented and also directs and produces the film & her co commentator the fab John Michael Higgins) and I do love Anna Kendrick she is totally fantastic and a lot better in this than "Into the Woods".

Look it worked on most levels it was just a shame I saw this after a totally flawless film. Pitch Perfect 2, it's not perfect but it is a damn sight better than the last few Glee outings and leaps and bounds ahead of that train wreck Smash Season 2.

Pitch Perfect 2, it's a solid 3 Star film, however for Anna Kendrick and Elizabeth Banks I am giving it 3.5 Stars. So if you have kids or want something less smutty than Spy this comedy is for you.

No comments: