Monday, May 25, 2015

#I'mNotDavidNorMargaret, Film Reviews My Way 2015


When I first saw the trailer for MAD MAX: FURY ROAD, I thought to myself (and possibly out loud) PASS. However when I sat in on a full audience (very mixed, heavy on date night couples, yes on a Sunday) last night I found myself completely on that Fury Road.



The cast are fantastic, Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron lead Aussie and abroad actors in this wonderful apocalyptic road movie.

The action scenes are BIG, the stunts are mad crazy and the cars, oh the cars.

Mad Max is I'm going to say it, the BIGGEST Australian film of 2015, George Millers 4th film in this franchise now with the use of great effects will easily go down on your end lists as one of the best films of 2015.

It hasn't been a great couple of years for Aussie films lately and with George Brandis handing out the arts grants don't expect another great film anytime soon. We will get conservative period piece after period piece. Men expect to get yours rags on Brandis's taste.

So Mad Max Fury Road, whoever marketed this film did a great job as I had no interest at first but once it opened I could hardly wait to get my sorry and cold ass off to the cinema.

Mad Max: Fury Road, it's the fourth film in the franchise so fittingly it gets a solid sandy and mad 4 shiny stars.

No comments: